Here's what I did:
Pulse the flour, sugar and salt together in the bowl of a food processor:
Cut up 2 1/4 cups of butter into little cubes:
Pulse that in the food processor until butter is cut thru and incorporated into the flour mixture:
Then add ice cold water start out with seven tablespoons right away and add one tablespoon at a time until you get the consistency where the dough starts coming together. I used 10 tablespoons in total:
Knead the dough just enough for it to all come together divide it up and chill it in the fridge for a few hours, can you see the specs of butter throughout the dough? That's what your supposed to get, wow it really does work.
it looks pretty perfect to me, apple pie buddy...
ReplyDeleteI love this recipe. I am not a baker, so I take a lot of short cuts...but I made this once, and it was SO SIMPLE. I always have a stash in the freezer now. :)
ReplyDelete