1.11.2009

Panettone Bread Pudding

What is Pannettone?
Panettone: Panettone (Milanese: panetton) is a typical bread of Milan, usually prepared and enjoyed for Christmas and New Year around Italy, and one of the symbols of the city. Maltese nationals are also traditionally associated with this sweet bread. In Latin America, especially in Brazil, Bolivia and Peru, it is a Christmas dinner staple.

Pannettone is equivalent to our fruit cake but MUCH lighter, I'm not a big fan of either pannettone or fruit cake but I saw Ina Garten making a bread pudding using it and I thought that's a way I could really enjoy pannettone. I made it for our New Years get together and I also made it again this weekend for some friends of ours to have it for dessert after our paella. It's very easy to make just takes time in the oven and a million eggs and cups of 1/2 & 1/2. I think it's delicious and best to only have once a year. :)


lot's of eggs

soaking
YUMMOOO

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin