5.03.2010

Asheville, NC (Trip to the Biltmore Estate)

Easter weekend Fer and I hopped in the car and went to Asheville, NC to the Biltmore Estate for a little weekend getaway. It was a beautiful weekend and a very nice drive up there thru the Blue Ridge Mountains. The house is amazing I definitely recommend it for anyone wanting to go and hasn't gone yet. It's so neat to see how these people lived years ago and how the house is still maintained to this day.
You will feel like you have go to Europe yet you are in the Southern States of the US.
It was the first weekend of the Flower Festival at the Biltmore but since it has been such a cold winter in the South there weren't to many flowers already blooming, I took pictures of whatever I could.



This is what you see when you are at the house and you look back towards the parking lots wouldn't you just love to be able to run around in that grassy area, like the Vanderbilt's kids did.

The mountains are amazing! I could so live somewhere with this view.



There is a winery on the grounds of the Biltmore Estates and this is in the greenhouse... good use of corks and wine bottles, huh.




Here's Fer waiting for our winery tour.

This picture was taken in downtown Asheville. It's a very artsy area isn't this picture cute.
These were in the same store as the previous picture I can't remember the name of the store right now wish I could because I want to buy all these lights.
It was a really nice weekend good to be away and in a country setting. A little tip if you travel to the Biltmore if you go on their website and find the hotels that they recommend staying at and the hotels they offer package deals with, that what we did and we saved a good amount of money doing it that way. So enjoy yourself if you ever make it to the Biltmore or if you've been I'd love to hear what you thought about it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this entry! It brought to mind a memory of one of my visits to Biltmore Estate. We were blessed to go twice in one year, once in the spring and returning for their Christmas celebration, don't miss that one either, as it is well worth the trip. The decorations, the tree and the fireplaces lit give the house an enchanting glow. Promise on my next trip to take more photos than before, as they have become very rewarding to me.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin