4.28.2008

Look to the Cookie

My real life Martha S. friend and I baked some cookies this evening and I entered them into the Martha Stewart's Favorite Cookie Contest, check them out - Black and White Cookie. I've always wanted to try and make these New York classics and they are actually very easy and as we know rather tastey.

Do you remember the Seinfeld Episode called The Dinner Party where Jerry talks to Elaine about the black and white cookie everytime I see one of these cookies I can't help but remember that Seinfeld Episode- here's a clip:



Also here's some parts of the script from that show:

JERRY: Uhm, The thing about eating the Black and White cookie, Elaine, is you want to get some black and some white in each bite. Nothing mixes better than vanilla and chocolate And yet somehow racial harmony eludes us. If people would only look to the cookie all our problems would be solved.
ELAINE: Your views on race relations are fascinating. You really should do an op-ed piece for the Times.
JERRY: Um, um, Look to the cookie Elaine. Look to the cookie.


ELAINE: What's the matter with you?
JERRY: Uh, I don't feel so good.
ELAINE: What's wrong?
JERRY: My stomach, I , I think it was that cookie.
ELAINE: The black and white?
JERRY: Yeah.
ELAINE: Not getting along?
JERRY: I think I got David Duke and Fahrikan down there.
ELAINE: Well if we can't look to the cookie where can we look?


Peace!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin