9.24.2008

made a little trip to Savannah

this past weekend Fer and I made our first trip to Savannah since becoming Georgians. From Atlanta it's four hours each way, but it wasn't to bad - didn't seem like four hours. It was a nice and calm drive. It was a fast weekend we as usual hit all our usual spots that we like to visit while we're there. It's so nice there (almost a second home for us, based on how many times we've been there.) and if you ever need a tour guide for a trip to Savannah let me know - or a suggested itinerary.

I think that's something I'll work on and post a weekend stay suggested itinerary what do you think?

this time I didn't take as many pictures as I usually do, but I know I'll get back there soon. This time we went to the Olde Pink House for LUNCH! They have always ONLY opened their doors for dinner but now we can enjoy their meals two times in one day if we'd like. The food there is DELICIOUS and I mean DELICIOUS, you cannot go to Savannah and not have a least one meal at the pink house.

Here's a picture of the Pink House it was taken on our trip back in December not this recent trip.

Here's some pictures from this trip:


this is the view from our room at the Mulberry Inn, we had the only room with a view of the square.
they were set up for a wedding at Forsyth Park, I never thought of that having a wedding there at the fountain, how nice.

side view





this time we explored a little deeper into Forsyth Park and we found this a life size chess game. There was so much activity in the park that day, the weather was beautiful and people where playing frisbee, football, playing catch with their dogs, kids in the playground it was really nice. I would say Forsyth Park is the Central Park of Savannah



a view from above of River Street.

walking along Bay Street

this was part of our Sunday morning brunch. Beignets, New Orleans style. YUM!

I think that's a sweet ending.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would LOVE to go to Savannah someday. It just looks so lovely

webbie said...

Lovely pictures! Savannah is one of my favorite places.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin