12.04.2008

Mom's Bread Recipe

While my parents were here a few weeks ago I finally went to work with my Mom on learning how to make her delicous homemade bread. Usually when they come to visit Fer and I ask her to make a few loaves for us so we can have them (at least for a few days) after they go home. Well enough of that now I can make it MYSELF whenever I want. Yeah! It wasn't to hard either but I'm always freaked out by making anything with yeast. No more fears. Here's how the process went and also the family recipe.

mix the warm water and yeast until the yeast gets bubbly or changes in appearance

using the dough hook add the flour until it all comes together

then knead

it has to go thru a few rising process - one all together in a greased bowl and the second rising in the loaf pans they will bake in


and VOILA! Ta da - YUMMOOOOOOO

Here's the recipe, my Mom makes four loaves at a time I only made two (to comfortably fit in the kitchen aid mixer bowl)

Country Crust Bread - Serves 4 Loaves
Recipe from the Kitchen of MOM

4 Packages of yeast, 4 eggs, 1 cup of sugar
4 cups of warm water, 1/2 cup olive oil,
2 tsp. of salt, 12 – 12 1/2 cups of flour
Dissolve yeast in warm water.
Stir in eggs, oil, sugar, salt and 6 cups of flour.
Beat until smooth,
Mix in the rest of the flour to make dough easy to handle.
Knead dough 8-10 minutes. Let rise 1 hour.
Punch down dough, divide into loaves.
Put in pans and let rise 1 hour.
Heat oven to 375
Bake 30 – 35 minutes



ENJOY!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin