12.01.2008

Thankful for Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, I love it for many reasons, first it seems to make us all slow down if for only a day and reflect on all we have to be grateful for in our lives. I have many reasons to be thankful and they begin with my husband, my family and my friends. I could go on and on from there. I also enjoy thanksgiving because I love to cook and it gives me a chance to try out some new recipes or whip up my annual favorites.
This year (at least menu wise) was a simple Thanksgiving, we were fortunate enough to go up to Connecticut and spend the holiday with my family which has grown by one this year and be there with them for a good amount of time. We didn't do many fancy activities but spent a lot of quality time together and that's what matters the most.
The menu was fairly simple it was all about getting good food on the table and then enjoying the rest of the day with the family.

Here's our menu from Turkey Day:


Thanksgiving Day Menu
Connecticut ~ 2008


Deviled Eggs
Green Salad
No-Knead Rolls
Cornbread

Roasted Turkey
Cranberry Sauce
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Whipped Sweet Potatoes
Caramelized Onion and Cornbread Stuffing
Green Bean Casserole

Apple Pie
Pumpkin Pie



My Mom painted this platter years ago, isn't it beautiful.and my blue ribbon award winning pie, more on that later:

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin